I would like to begin by thanking all of you who have supported The War on the Shore in some fashion over the years. Without all of your help and generosity, It would never have grown into what it is today. There would also be no Elpis Foundation either. Thank you all VERY much.
That being said we do have a bit of bad news. This will be the 11th and FINAL year for War on the Shore. A lot of time and effort is needed to put together what we have grown to expect. That expectation is an awesome night of great people fighting a cause near and dear to all of our hearts. We have made some AMAZING progress and some great friends along the way. As we get older, we accrue additional responsibilities. Unfortunately in 2015, we have not been able to put forth the time and energy needed to keep up with our expectations. Thank you again to all those who have helped through the years, and lets make sure we go out on top in 2015!
What: 11th Annual War on the Shore
When: Saturday August 15th, 5:00
Where: Jack's Place, 3601 Ocean Drive, Avalon, NJ
Cost: $60, payable at the door or online (see below). All proceeds go directly to The Four Diamonds Fund!
DJ / Entertainment: TBD
Food: Catering by Pappy's BBQ of Marmora/Ocean City NJ
Raffle Prize List From 2013, expect many similar choices!
This will be the 11th War on the Shore! Last year we were able to raise just under $40,000! Our 10 year total is now up to over $250,000. We have set a goal for 2015 of $60,000, which wont be easy without help from everyone! Help us reach that $300,000 milestone!
Just like last year, we are having a Fundraising Challenge! Please visit our Fundraising Challenge Page for more information!!
Some other key information:
- Pappy's BBQ of Marmora is setting up their catering in the parking lot with a large tent, tables and chairs. We will have an entire Pig Roast for everyone! As well as burgers, dogs and plenty of sides.
- Jack's will be offering phenominal drink specials that simply cannot be found anywhere else in Avalon. More details to come!
- We are ecstatic about having live entertainment again this year! DJ Disco Inverno will be making a comeback and providing all the nights entertainment!
- There will be an even better raffle than previous years! We are also adding some auction items as well!! Updates to follow
- We will again be having a 50/50 raffle. Tickets are only $10 and available to everyone!
- And last but not least, we will be raffling off another trip to Ireland! This year it will be a 6 night / 7 Day trip for TWO with AIRFARE!
- Check out our PROMO video! (2013 version)
War On The Shore Tickets - $60/each
War on the Shore Trip to Ireland Tickets - $50 / each
What we need from you:
- Help Promote!! Download our flyer and post it everywhere you can! Work, around your neighborhood, down the shore! We need more people to come!
- Get local businesses involved! This is not just about Penn State! We need to get as many businesses on board with the Fight Against Cancer as possible! Get them to come to the event, donate a prize or become a sponsor!
- Sign up for our newsletter(look up and to the right) and like our FB Page! Even sign up your friends for our newsletter, its easy!!
- Spread the word!
- Join the Fundraising Challenge today!!
For those of you who are not familiar with WOTS, it raises money for children and families inflicted with Pediatric Cancer by helping The Four Diamonds Fund, The Hershey Medical Center. Click here for more information on the Four Diamonds Fund!
What is the Four Diamonds Fund?
The mission of the Four Diamonds is to conquer childhood cancer by assisting children treated at Penn State Hershey Children's Hospital and their families through superior care, comprehensive support, and innovative research.
Each year, Four Diamonds helps approximately 600 children with cancer - 100 who are newly diagnosed and 500 who are continuing their fight. Since it's creation in 1972, Four Diamonds has helped more than 3,300 children and families and supported a diverse platform of pediatric cancer research at Penn State Hershey Children's Hospital, seeking improved treatments and cures to benefit those around the world.
Because of the community's steady and generous support, Four Diamonds has been able to assist 100% of the pediatric cancer patients who have been treated at Penn State Hershey.
The Four Diamonds Fund was established by Charles and Irma Millard after the death of their son, Christopher, who was diagnosed with cancer at the age of 11. Four Diamonds is named after a story that Chris wrote shortly before he lost his battle with cancer at the age of 14. In Chris’ story, a knight must find the Four Diamonds of Courage, Wisdom, Honesty and Strength in order to be released from captivity by an evil sorceress. The Four Diamonds are symbolic of the traits Chris believed were necessary to overcome cancer.
All donations are 100% tax deductible, including the cash value of any prize donations!
Thank you so much for your interest in War on the Shore! But please remember, this is not for us, this is for every child that is lying in a hospital bed who hasn’t been able to enjoy all of the things that we have. It is for all those parents that would do ANYTHING to take the pain and suffering away from their innocent children, even if just for a day. It is for those that we have already lost and just as important, for those we can eventually save.
“Some day we will dance for joy… Untill then we will dance for a cure”
“You have not lived until you have done something for someone who can never repay you.” --Ghandi
Thank you for your time, and please contact me if you would like to help out in anyway.